Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Hosting? How is Hostgator for FuelPHP?
  • Hi,
    Is Hostgator ok to go with when I deploy my site?
    I want to pay monthly and was wondering what is used most by folks here.

Thanks
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    I run my own servers, so I can't comment.

I've heard negative comments about GoDaddy. In general, web hosting that doesn't give you a commandline means you loose functionality, no oil and no migrations for example.

There are also hosters that don't include the fileinfo extension, which according to the PHP documentation MUST be included, and which FuelPHP requires to work.

So see if you can state the use of FuelPHP as a requirement, with PHP 5.3.3. + FileInfo, and ask for the option to cancel the contract if not compliant.
  • Thank you, I had to load FileInfo on my pc when I started converting from Codeigniter.
  • All linux installations have it installed by default, if you use PHP on Windows (for example through WAMP) you need to manually add the dll to the config.
  • Thanks Harro, I got my first admin panel created with image upload that I ported from Codeigniter.
    I am very happy so far with FuelPHP. I have not yet tried the HMVC stuff, it looks more complicated that the Codeigniter version, maybe because FuelPHP is new to me.
  • That's probably because HMVC in CodeIgniter is "a module".

For which in Fuel you don't have to do anything, just create it, it will route and integrate automatically.

An HMVC call is a request like an HTTP request, but then executed internally instead of via your webserver:

$response = \Request::forge('/some/app/url/here')->execute()->response();
  • Thanks Harro, I just let my user see the Codeigniter -> FuelPHP website and he is pleased.

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Cool. Congratulations! And quickly done!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion