Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Database Not Unescaping Quotes Upon Retrieval.
  • Just as the title suggests, is there anyone else who is experiencing a problem with the database class not unescaping quotes when you read a record?
  • I've been having some issues surrounding this as well. However, I have not been able to investigate this enough to see if it is an error on my part of something related to Fuel itself.
  • Turns out the problem is happening from posts not from DB Say I have the following being posted:
    [content] => Ben\'s favourite sentence.

I thought the database class would either strip the slashes or the Input class would. Does anyone know more on this or do I have to stripslahes() which seems kinda annoying.
  • To be honest the only way I think this would happen is if you escaped twice before putting it in the DB. The query builder escapes you queries to get them safely into the database, but those escaping slashes aren't saved in the DB. Only if you escaped them already before that would you get it back with slashes from the DB because then your escapes are escaped when putting it into the DB.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion