Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Base URL in Fuel
  • Hi all. Today, I spent the better part of an hour scanning the docs and forum to find the proper way to retrieve the base URL within Fuel. After not finding anything, I devised this solution and placed it in the index.php file within the Public directory:
    // Generate a global variable for the website root
    $fullpath = config::get('base_url');
    $replace = 'public/';
    $newpath = '';

View::set_global('base_path', str_replace($replace, $newpath, $fullpath));

Am I missing something, or does Fuel not have a base url built in? I don't want the unix path, because I would like the root url of the frontend, i.e. http://www.mysite.com/cms. If anyone knows of a better method, let me know. Thanks!
  • I usually do this...
    Uri::create('');

• Paul Boco wrote on Saturday 14th of May 2011:
    I usually do this...

But, can you remove 'public' with the create() method? I was unaware that you could do that.
  • I may not have understood your question. If you are referring to to 'public' directory in the Fuel repo, that is intended to be your document root.
  • He's right, the public directory should be your document root. Provides security and avoids most issues with direct access to your app and core files. Then you can call

to create your url.
  • In the develop branch there a method Uri::base() that does pretty much the same as Uri::create('')
  • Jelmer Schreuder wrote on Sunday 15th of May 2011:
    In the develop branch there a method Uri::base() that does pretty much the same as Uri::create('')

Ah, thank you. I will check it out. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the URI::create to work, so I'll stick with my method until I can go back and take a closer look at this method.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion