Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Global cache on/off
  • config.php:
    'caching'  => false,

Not sure if its meant to handle caching for all custom caches but it would be good to have a global cache turn off feature to turn off all caches being set. If this is in development or already mentioned, I apologize in advance.
  • Caching is not implemented yet, it something we're going to dive in to when everything works the way we want.
  • Guys, you must finish faster! ( I need to use Fuel to make complete site for client in next weeks, but as I can see, it isn't 100% ready.
  • Raitis Stengrevics wrote on Monday 30th of May 2011:
    Guys, you must finish faster! ( I need to use Fuel to make complete site for client in next weeks, but as I can see, it isn't 100% ready.

The cache class works -fine-, just as a global feature to turn on/off isn't there yet and I'm sure there are many things to come, but they are all not immediately needed for development. its just a feature that improves Fuel.
  • Guys, you must finish faster!
    I'm going to ignore this, as the choice is for me to either ignore that or the person who thinks that telling us to work harder on something that doens't make us a penny is something he even remotely has a right to.
    ( I need to use Fuel to make complete site for client in next weeks, but as I can see, it isn't 100% ready.
    While you're right about Fuel not being 100% finished (but tell me some web app that is) I'd say the current state of the dev branch is very much production ready. If it's not tell me why, because I don't see any big stuff in the issues on Github. Last but not leas I don't see any pull-requests or contributions in the core from you, so maybe you might want to tone down a bit. If you actually want us to "finish faster" you might want to actually help out by helping us fix stuff in the issue tracker or adding something you feel is missing.
  • Sorry, Jelmer. I didn't mean to somehow say that you are doing bad job or whatever. All Fuel project is great and, in my opinion, much better than CodeIgniter or Kohana, for example! I really respect what you and other great developers do... you spend your time for nothing by gaining nothing. It's really awesome! I'm again sorry if I hurt you by saying it... sorry. If my knowledge of PHP, OOP, design patterns, MVC, HMVC etc. would be so good as, for example, you... I could help make Fuel. But I can't. All that I can do is ask questions... get answers (so I somehow test framework)... add issues'-reports... suggest my ideas. That's all. Anyway, common is that Fuel is ready enough to develop real sites on it. Thanks again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion