Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
How to change to the development branch?
  • Could someone please walk me through how to get the development branch of Fuel? I cloned the repo from github and ran the install with the submodules. Then ran "git checkout -b remotes/origin/develop" How ever, I'm still get the same errors as before that I thought where bugs in RC2.1. Either they aren't fixed (but im sure they are) or i've done something wrong. I'm willing to except the latter! Cheers for your help.
    Steve == Edit == To give more context, the errors i'm getting are: # ErrorException [ Error ]: Call to undefined method Fuel\Core\Database_Query_Builder_Delete::delete() - This is the ORM not deleting from the link table
    # >ErrorException [ Warning ]: Missing argument 2 for Fuel\Core\Response::set_header(), called in /Users/steveheyes/Sites/Annotate/Backend/fuel/core/classes/controller/rest.php on line 103 and defined - This is in a Controller_Rest response.
  • The submodules may have been a bit out of date (I just updated them to be sure), though that bug was squashed a long time ago. Did you update the submodules after switching branches?
    git submodule update

Full disclosure: I'm still a bit of a git-noob so if this doesn't work you'll need someone else to help you.
  • I just ran "git submodule update" and nothing happen. Error is still there. Thanks for your honesty; I too am a git-noob :\
  • What does
    git branch

tell you?
  • It says:
    master
    * remotes/origin/develop

Any help?
  • looks ok to me?
  • to get submodules working properly you need to checkout a branch in each submodule after you clone the fuel repo.
    then run git add fuel/core , git fuel/packages/orm etc etc. w/o the trainling slash check this page http://coolaj86.info/articles/using-git-submodules.html offtopic: still dont get the formating tag errrr
  • i'm also a n00b with git, but i'm using this:
    git clone -b develop --recursive git://github.com/fuel/fuel.git folder_name

with this i download everything in the develop branch (or at least that's what my friend, who helped me with this says xD)
  • I've found this to be useful.
  • If I wanna check which branch I'm on I do:
    git branch if I wanna change thebranch to develop, I do: git checkout develop

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion