Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Update Logging
  • Hey again. I want to create a model/wrapper layer that when a row is updated from a database, it also updates a log. What would be the best way of doing this?
  • If you're using ORM, you might be able to use an observer. If you're using the database class, I don't have a ready answer. I'm looking into it myself, I have a workflow engine in the works that is (amongst others) database triggered.
  • I've been looking at them, but I suppose I should elaborate a bit further on my problem. I have 3 tables that are the source of Inventory for products, the totals of which populate 3 columns of the inventories table. These 3 seperate tables exist to help uniquely identify the inventory sources When data is inserted/updated from any inventory source, all corresponding tables need to be updated respectively. Once the tables have been updated, there are[seperate] "abstraction" logs that correspond for each table. Extending said abstraction log, is one table, for each possible modifiable column for each table. (cost, shelf, etc) [this helps with non-null values when one field is updated], which relate to the abstraction logs origional insert datetime/employee id, etc. And that's my problem :P
  • These three tables are updated externally? And you need to sync them with tables in your app?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion