Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
FuelPHP slogan?
  • Am i the only one the thinks that the slogan on github "Make your apps burn hotter than that rash you got from that girl that night you don't remember." is really not suited for a serious/professional/trust inspiring framework?
  • Wow, I could think of a million better things that could have been done with that time spent...
  • No, you're not. It needs changing. Fast.
  • I think the devs are aiming for FUN/professional rather than "serious"... It's supposed to be fun coding with Fuel... And it is ;)
  • Why do I have the odd suspicion that Phil came up with that slogan? :P
  • Ranie Sauca wrote on 03/03/11 7:16 pm:
    I think the devs are aiming for FUN/professional
    That Github heading is neither fun nor professional.
  • Well it doesn't bother me... My coding experience is the same with or without this slogan ;)
  • Yes, it doesn't bother me either as i'm interested only in the code quality and framework performance/speed documentation/ease of use, etc... but a framework's success (specially when it is at its first steps) is also measured in how large community it has, how well is adopted by others and by not posing as serious/professional it may push away some people.
  • I agree that I think it should be changed, how about "Fuel - Combust your Code" or something arson-related? =]
  • Correct guess, you win a goldfish! I'll accept the blame for coming up with that slogan, but Dan copied it out of IRC and put it on GitHub. You work out who is most to blame... Anyhow, we're only just taking the turn from "fun little project between a few friends" to a more serious framework. If anyone has been deeply offended... well you need to take a long hard look at the priorities in your life. :p Either way, I'll poke Dan to make sure it gets removed today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion