Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Profiler does not show up
  • If I turn on profiling, the profiler does not show up. If I take a look at the source, I see the that the profiling code has been added on the bottom, but it's still not visible on the page in my browser. I have this problem on a fresh install of FuelPHP 1.2/master (the only thing I've changed is set "profiling" to true) but it worked fine in 1.0/master. To check if the problem is on my side: http://nevstokes.com/playground/pqp/ works fine in my browser.
  • Maybe problem in Addblock?
    At me, everything ok.
    Windows xp sp3, Firefox 12.0 addblock turned off. o684bs8idh_tn.jpg
  • I can't reproduce that issue here as well. I have several virtual hosts running to test code, and all have the profiler running by default. Check the HTML source to see if the profiler data was added, so you'll know if it is not generated, or generated but not displayed by your browser.
  • @ Solovej
    Addblock is not the problem; the profiler works fine on http://nevstokes.com/playground/pqp/ but not on my local server with FuelPHP. To be sure I've tested it wit Addblock turned off, but still nothing. Secondly, I've tested it in Chrome, Firefox and IE but still nothing. @ Harro
    Yes, the profiler code with the data is added in the source, but the profiler just does not show up. I've just tested it on another PC but it still doesn't work (but that was expected because I have exactly the same software configuration on that other PC). It's really weird because the profiler works fine for me in FuelPHP 1.0. Edit:
    What I've just found out: when I turn on profiling, this Javascript error shows up in the console log:
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

on line 144, that's in the function loadCSS() in sheet . innerHTML
  • Then you have your repo files checked out with CRLF line ends. Or an unzip used which does line end conversion. On Windows? Open fuel/core/vendor/phpquickprofiler/display.php in an editor that understands linux line ends, and save the file with LF line ends only. Which is the default for all files as per the coding standards.
  • Thanks Harro - that was the problem. I've set my default line endings to LF so I won't have the problem anymore.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion