Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Filtering MySQL data by each user in a group?
  • Hello, I'm creating an application that's going to pull MySQL data and display it to a user depending upon which group they were in after logging in. I'm incredibly new to MVC and frameworks, but familiar with PHP. If this wasn't a framework it would be easy.. I would just filter by just pulling data from their user stored. But I'm not sure with Fuel. I'm going to try and use the SimpleAuth driver. However, I really need to get the usernames/passwords synced with active directory. So I'm assuming I'll probably need to write my own driver.. If anyone has any advice where to start that would be great.
  • A lot of questions in one post. To start with the last one, for Auth against AD you could look at https://github.com/axelitus/fuel-pkg-ldap, it includes both an ldap class and an Auth_Login_Driver. To get the group assigned to the logged-in user, you can use Auth::instance()->get_groups().

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion