Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Using Oil to sniff a database table schema to build scaffolding?
  • I'm very new to Fuel, still learning stuff as I go but I'm confused by something. In the tutorials and the slideshare and videos, you do something like this; <code>
    php oil g scaffold blog name:string
    </code> You create the structure in the terminal, but what happens if you already have a database table? I really don't want to be typing out my structure/schema long-handed in terminal. Is it possible for me to use Oil to generate a scaffold on a database table without doing the whole name:string or typing the schema by long-hand? I've tried this, <code>
    php oil g scaffold blog
    </code> In the hope it would pick up the database structure and build my scaffolding for me, but I always end up with blank views, and I have to end up editing the controllers and views manually. If I change the migrations file, this is one way to do it I guess; but I still have to manually type out the tables schema/structure. Does this feature exist, and if so what is the best way to achieve this goal? Thanks
  • According to http://fuelphp.com/forums/topics/view/6758 this feature is not currently supported. But I am still interested in how the more seasoned Fuel developers get around this issue? Especially when you need to whip up something fast, like a prototype or something.
  • I'm pretty sure someone has already made a package for this, check the "tips" or the "code share" forums...
  • can you give me direct link for package??
    thanks before

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion