Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
how to filter the result in orm/many_many
  • now, I have two models, A and B, and retation table, C.
    A and B has "status_flg" and I want to get data only flug=1. I can get the data when search the table directly, like...
    $query = "1"; but in case of this orm, I cannot filter the data on table B.
    I want to get tableB's data B.status_flg = 1 protected static $_many_many = array(
    'events' => array(
    'key_from' => 'id',
    'key_through_from' => 'a_id',
    'table_through' => 'a_b',
    'key_through_to' => 'b_id',
    'model_to' => 'Model_B',
    'key_to' => 'id',
    'cascade_save' => true,
    'cascade_delete' => false,
    )
    ); how can I get the expected data?
  • See http://docs.fuelphp.com/packages/orm/relations/intro.html. Add a condition key to the relation definition, containing your where clause.
  • thank you!
    I didn't know I can write conditions in relationship. I change my code as it, but it doesn't work. protected static $_many_many = array(
    'events' => array(
    'key_from' => 'id',
    'key_through_from' => 'a_id',
    'table_through' => 'a_b',
    'key_through_to' => 'b_id',
    'model_to' => 'Model_B',
    'key_to' => 'id',
    'cascade_save' => true,
    'cascade_delete' => false, 'conditions' => array(
    'where' => array(
    array('status_flg', '=', 1),
    ),
    ), )
    );
    I checked sql using profile, there are no conditions.
    but there are no errors on the browser. why it doesn't work?
  • It depends on your query. Conditions at the moment only work on 'eager' loading, meaning if you run a find() query with related('myrelation'). The condition is ignored when use 'lazy' loading, i.e. running the query when you access the relation property of a model object. And I think you need at least v1.2. for conditions to work at all.
  • oh, I see.
    this case, I just access to relation property. so, I cannot filter in my case?
  • Not without manually adding the required where clause. You can work around it by adding static methods to your model that do the prepping:
    public static function find_active()
    {
        return static::find()->related('child')->where('child.status_flg', '=', 1);
    }

and then use find_active() in your controllers instead of find().
  • thank you for your advice.
    wow, that's great solution. I added to my model A public static function find_active($id = null, array $options = array())
    {
    return static::find($id,$options)->related('B')->where('B.status_flg', '=', 1);
    } but there is error,
    "BadMethodCallException [ Error ]: Call to undefined method Model_Coworkingspace::related()" then, I change the method return static::find($id,$options)->relations('B')->where('B.status_flg', '=', 1); but fuel says "ErrorException [ Error ]: Call to undefined method Orm\ManyMany::where()" I saw source of Orm\ManyMany but I cannot find any solutions.
    could you give me more advice?
  • You have to pay attention to the different forms of find(). If you pass a parameter to it, it will always return a result, and you can not chain any methods on a result. If you use that, just use a normal find() and use the option array to specify your relations or selections. My example used find(), without parameters, which requests a query object on which you can chain.
  • oh, I had a big mistake.
    I changed my code and it works!
    thanks!
    I learn deeply about find method. but some problem still remains. query shows child table B is left joined to table A.
    the data that don't have child(B) are not shown.
    I want to change left join to left outer join.
  • In the 'conditions' array of the relationship definition you can define the 'join_type', which defaults to 'left' (which is 'left inner'). You can also specify it on the query as part of the related() method call:
    ->related('child', array('join_type' => 'left outer'))->

• wow, great!!!
    I learn it! but I cannot get result.
    my SQL displayed in profile window is below
    select A.*, relate.*, B.* from A left outer join relate left outer join B where B.status_flg = '1'; but I want to make it.
    select A.*, relate.*, B.* from A left outer join relate left outer join (select * from B where B.status_flg = '1');
  • You can't with ORM, this is the way it works. If you want custom queries, use the DB class.
  • oh really, I see.. I realized I cannot write code using orm.
    I learned very well. I'll rewrite using DB class and close thi question. thank you very much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• aki September 2012
  • Harro September 2012