Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
'This is not a valid Fuel installation so Oil is a bit lost.'
  • I installed FuelPHP using the manual installation (regretting now, should have used Oil but knew no better back when I started). I'm now trying to create data models and migrations using the command line utility but I'm receiving the following:

'This is not a valid Fuel installation so Oil is a bit lost.'

When I use any Oil command in the fuel folder of my project directory.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? When I create a sample project using the command line it seems to work fine. I have done a significant amount of work in the other project so wouldn't like to start from scratch!

Thanks!

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Manual installation should not be a problem.

This is a message from the oil bash script, and you'll get this when there is no file called 'oil' in the current directory. The 'oil' script is in the root of your installation (it's a PHP file without extension), and you have to be in that directory to run oil.
  • Harro, that's it! Thanks very much!

Very stupid on my behalf! I'm a little obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleaning my code, must have deleted it with the docs and install files by accident!

Again, thank you!
  • lol. no problem...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion