Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Extending Auth package
  • Hi,

I finally decided to extend the auth package by writting an other package without a namespace. I would like to push it on GitHub in a few days.

This 'package' will include the best features from the built-in Auth package, Sentry and Warden. Of course they will be mentioned in the credits as there will be some structure which will be very similar to the original package.

The 'new' features I will include:
    • Database-driven user/group/role/permission management
    • Permissions can be granted directly to users/groups
    • Roles can be added directly to users, not just groups
    • Profile data will be stored in EAV container

Any ideas about this? Any other features? Or anything that you wouldn't do this way? I will also want to make it work with ninjauth.

I read the Coding Standards, so I hope this can be published on the fuel packages page.

Thanks,
    Mark

P.S How the hell do you insert 'code' here to be formatted? :D:D

• Click on the "Show source" button, and manually insert <pre> </pre> in the HTML. Can't seem to convince the forum people to add it to the toolbar, and I haven't had time to hack it in...
  • Thanks! :D:D

Opinion about my Auth package plan? Actually I just started to learn the most of Fuel, so maybe this is not the best plan, but this seemed to be a good solution. :D
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Seems like it has features most people would like to use.

See if you can build it in such a way that the Auth driver system can still be used. So you can combine these features with let's say a Radius, LDAP or Active Directory login driver...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion