Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Using assets for modules
  • Hi,

I am creating some modules for my application. This is because I want to let my users to install/uninstall these modules.

The problem: I am creating for example an invoice module. This needs some css files, which have to be placed in the public folder. But this way I lose the module architecture. I mean, this way installing/uninstalling modules is not as simple as I would like it to be.

My idea: I would like to create an asset controller, which returns the queried files (css, js, img) with the appropriate header. for example: http://my.site.com/invoice_module/asset/img/logo.png

These modules will not for public use, I mean this will be for internal us, so these URLs will not be called much times.

Is it a good idea? Or do it the hard way and write an install/uninstall task, which copies/deletes the files to/from public folder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!