Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fatal error in FuelPHP installation
  • Hello,

I am new to FuelPHP.  I received the following error while running the "oil create <app name>" command:

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Would anyone know why this is happening?  I am running CentOS 6.3/PHP 5.3.21/Apache 2.4.3.

Thank you.
  • No write access to the log folder is the most likely cause. Followed by no write access to the cache folder.
  • Hello Harro,

I ran the command as root, so it should have write access to those locations.
  • Might also be that you haven't configured date.timezone in your php.ini.

You get this message because you get an exception either in the exception handler, or in the shutdown handler. Unfortunately PHP is crap at reporting these errors...
  • Thanks for recommending the setting date.timezone. This fixed the issue.

Just a helpful suggestion to others, you can also set this in the index file. Someone let me know if this is considered "bad practice".

ini_set('date.timezone', 'America/Los_Angeles');
  • Normally it's a server setting, so it should be correct for all PHP applications running on the server. So it's best to fix it in php.ini. If you don't have access to that, the index.php is an alternative.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion