Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Confuse on Install
  • What did i install now?
    I look on GitHub and there is 1.6 and 1.7 add, can you explain what we have to do with ?
    Use develop or master one, sorry but it's very confusing for me...
  • masters are release versions, develop is the one we're working on.1.6/master is the latest release.

If you want to install using git, clone the fuel/fuel repo (which is on 1.6/master  by default), have git install the submodules, and run composer. You don't need to clone the other repositories manually, and their current branch is not relevant, the submodule system of git makes sure you get the correct version.

If you don't want to use git, download the zip from the website.
  • Yes it's what i do i download the zip for 1.7 because it's the last one and replace auth by this new one,
    because when I tried installing GitHub on W7, I observe some slowing on the PC, don't know why...
  • Don't know, I don't use Windows.

There is no zip for 1.7, it's in develop at the moment. If you download the zip from github, you miss all submodule references.
  • Ok, I DL 1.6 zip and i find just Auth inside, is that right ?
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    If you have download the zip from the website (fuelphp-1.6.zip), it will contain all Fuel packages. You still have to run composer to install the external dependencies.
  • I don't want to use that way pear or composer, not secure for us, i've better wait for 2.0 release, thank's.
  • Then you may have a problem, because 2.0 will be completely composer based.

Having said that, nobody is telling you you HAVE to use composer on production systems. None of our production servers have direct (outgoing) internet access for security reasons too.

We include all components (either Fuel packages or composer installed libraries) in the repository of our applications, so they can be deployed in one go, without external dependencies.
  • I try to install and config php curl, open_ssl in wamp the command line don't recognize curl.

I look about composer setup DL and run it but he speak about ssl stability and install something on path variable anyway.

I think there is other things outdated on my install and tri to find it...
  • So this not easy to use, where i can found information to put file from repository to my app, i use NetBeans ?
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    I don't know NetBeans, so I can't help you there. What exactly do you need, your question isn't clear to me.

As for Composer usage on Windows, did you check http://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#installation-windows ?
  • Ok Harro, that's fine for now !

The confuse was i mix some version and don't have a clean install, also i miss some composant.

I finally rebuild my config with Netbeans and did the Composer-setup as you told from getcomposer.

So know I got the full Fuelphp 1.6 version and the vendor folder bind with composer in the IDE, I resume my first purpose for build an admin panel with OrmAuth, that woul'd be going on.

Thank's for you patience !
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    No problem, happy coding! ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion