Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Problem with Netbeans and FuelPHP 1.6
  • I use Netbeans 7.3 IDE on Windows and I have the FuelPHP plugin installed. Everything works OK as long as I select FuelPHP version 1.5.3.

When I select FuelPHP 1.6 or higher, as soon as I trie to access my application with the browser, it says:

"Composer is not installed. Please run "php composer.phar update" in the root to install Composer"

So I run "php composer.phar update" and I also run "php composer.phar self-update". Both commands run successfylly, but the error remains.

What do I need to do to solve this?

BTW The same application runs without errors with FuelPHP 1.5.3

• Have you changed the default folder structure? When you upgraded, did you also upgrade the app itself (in particular the oil script in the root, and the public/index.php)?
  • hi,

Can you check in Netbeans menu:
    tools / Options / php / composer

• @Harro

No, I haven't changed the default folder structure. I didn't actually upgrade anything. When I create a new project in Netbeans, I have the option to use the FuelPHP plugin and I can select the FuelPHP version. When the project is created Netbeans copies a full version of FuelPHP (core and packages) to the folder structure of my project. It does that for each project that I create.

When I select 1.5.3 or lower everything works fine. When I select 1.6 or 1.6.1, even the default welcome app that comes with the project won't run (message: composer not installed, etc.).

@bdouxx

I checked Tools / Options / PHP / Conposer. The composer field was empty, so I selected the composer.phar of my Netbeans project. I left the fields Vendor, Author name and email unchanged.

It looked promising, but I still have the same error. So far I only clicked the OK button. Do I need to click the Export or Import buttons on the left?

• I don't use Netbeans, and I've never heard of that plugin.

But it looks like it needs to be updated so that it runs Composer after the full copy.
  • My interface is in french,I don't know exact term in english

Netbeans plugins are up to date?

try
    help/ check for update 

and try
    tools / module d'extenstion (plugins?) /updated

in "installed" for me with "show details" it's write for Php composer:
    version : 0.8.1

• @bdouxx, @Harro: Thx for your help, I appreciate it.

The problem is solved now. In fact I wasn't accurate in my information. Sorry about that.

Running:

php composer.phar update

did report an error, ie. something like:

ssl not enabled in PHP.

After editing php.ini, removing the semicolon from:

;extension=php_openssl.dll

the composer update runs without errors and the Netbeans default welcome app runs successfully.

Btw, I use Netbeans on Windows with the XAMPP webserver.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion