Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fatal error when using Image
  • I'm trying to follow the example for function "load" in Image (uploading an image and resizing it) and, no matter what I try, I get the following error:

Call to protected method Fuel\Core\Image_Gd::_resize() from context ''

Is there something I'm missing or is that a bug in the current version?
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    There is a bug in the 1.7 release, which is fixed in the current development code.

You can just backport Fuel\Core\Image_Gd from the 1.8/develop branch, or wait for 1.7.1, which is due towards the end of the month.
  • This might be obvious, but I'm not quite entirely used to Git yet nor to your development structure, so: where/how can I access the "1.8/develop branch" from?
  • If you have a local fuel/core folder that contains a clone of the git repository (i.e. it contains a .git folder), go into the fuel/core folder, and type:

git pull
    git checkout 1.8/develop

Now your applications fuel core should be switched to 1.8/develop.

If you installed from the zip, download https://raw.github.com/fuel/core/1.8/develop/classes/image/gd.php and use that to replace your local fuel/core/classes/image/gd.php

I expect a 1.7.1 maintenance release with a backport of all fixes since the 1.7 release before the end of the month.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion