Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
mail function mail are collected in spam mail by gmail
  • I am working with email function and found that the mail  which i am trying to send are collected as a spam mail my gmail , i try to change th return_path to my email id, alos try to set it as true 
    but non of them is working  
    Suggest wht to do in this conduction
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Most obvious reasons for Google marking something as spam is:
    - no reverse lookup for the sending email server
    - no or an invalid reverse lookup for the MX domain (and no SPF records present)

and not with the contains of the mail (for as far as Fuel is concerned, I can't speak about the email body).
  • ottocomottocom
    Accepted Answer
    There is no link between this issue and FuelPHP framework. This is due to the IP address and/or domain you are using to send mail.

On thing that could be a cool feature to be added to the email package of fuelphp (and that can help preventing your emails being sent to Google spam folder) : DKIM support.

This is usually done at SMTP server level, but for those who do not have the skill nor access to server config adding it to the framework can be really helpful. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion