Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Uploading project to server
  • What are the steps to upload a project to a remote server using git?
    Basically, I'm going to clone the project, but I'm unsure as to what comes next... E.g.: There are some things in .gitignore... do I ftp those folders and do something to them? Or, set env to live?
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    We have the Fuel environment set in the webservers virtualhost definition using setEnv, and not in the .htaccess. Same with the rewrite rules, we try not use the .htaccess, as it slows the webserver down due to a lot of extra file I/O.

That means there is nothing hardcoded in your code, you can just move it to another environment, as long has you have used migrations properly and use the environment folders for all environment specific config.

On our staging and production servers, we have a repositories that we can push to, like an upstream of your local repository. Similar to how you would push from local to github.

We have equipped these repositories with a post-commit hook, that will automatically deploy the contents of the repo to the document root, and run it's migrations to keep everything in sync.
  • If you don't have access to your webserver config, you could work around that by adding some code in your application bootstrap that sets the environment based on for example the server name, or the hostname in the request.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion