Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Lang::line('sentence with a period.') what am I missing?
  • Hi I dont know if i am missing something, but the language class does not output anything when sentence includes a period. This is no matter if the period has spaces around it or not.
    so
    Lang::line('sentence with a period.') outputs nothing Lang::line('sentence with a period .') outputs nothing so if you are translating something like :"Here is a first sentence. Here is the second." the output is nothing. not sure if i am missing something here or if this is a bug. thank you in advance for your help.
  • The language class doesn't translate strings, it uses keys to find a language strings.
    The dot in a keyname is used to be able to lookup multi-array elements. See the example in the documentation (under load() ).
  • I guess this mean that I also need to create an English ( default) language file.
    thank you for your reply.
  • Yes, that's the idea. It doesn't work like gettext(), that you would provide a sentence for translation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion