Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fuel root page error after update to 1.8.2 and PHP 7.4.4
  • Hello there,

Just updated Fuel and PHP as the title state on a local environment on MacOs (Previous was 1.8.1 and PHP 7.0), and I have this weird error : The base url / fail with the following 500 error :  ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.

All the others pages works as expected. Also note that the domain with no fragment only is concerned with the issue. If I call this page by its full URL defined in in the config -> route.php -> root, this page works as well.

This cause no issue in Apache error logs, and no entry in access log. I think this is more a PHP issue rather than a Fuel one, but maybe some people here were confronted to this.
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Have your tried another browser than Chrome? If I google the error I see a ton of people with this issue, for all sorts of reasons.

I've never seen it before myself.
  • I resolved the issue by reinstalling Apache and PHP. I guess I'll never know. Thanks for your answer Harro. 

Also, since I got you there, is it long term safe to use 1.9 in production ? I believe I heard you say somewhere that your production apps where running on 1.9.
  • Yes. So we will maintain it, if only for ourselfs.

Some of these applications are pretty large and complex, and have been in production since 2012, for our clients, there is no business case to spend a fortune to rewrite them.

p.s. most of our apps run on 1.9/develop, we do tend to eat our own dogfood... ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion