Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fuel CMS Page Package
  • Hi, I have uploaded a basic CMS Page package for Fuel. https://github.com/Phil-F/fuel-CmsPage It's just a starting point at the moment. I will wait and see if it generates any interest before expanding upon it. Feedback would be nice though. Have fun :)
    Phil.
  • Lol I see you used that little config::installed bit. :)
  • Yeah thought it was cool so I stole it :) Hope you don't mind? What do you think of CmsPage as a starting point? Need input. I was thinking of writing a module management package done some basic stuff:
    foreach (array_keys(\File::read_dir(APPPATH . DS . 'modules', 1)) as $module)
            {
                \Fuel::add_module ($module);
                \Config::load ($module . '::' . $module, $module);
                $data ['modules'] [$module] = \Config::get ($module);
            }

foreach($modules as $key => $info)
    {
      echo '<h2>'.ucfirst($key).'</h2>';
      echo \Html::anchor($key, ucfirst($key)).'&nbsp;-&nbsp;';
      echo \Html::anchor($key.'/admin', ucfirst($key).'&nbsp;Admin');
      echo '<p>';
      echo $info['name'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['description'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['author'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['version'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['installed'] ? 'true' : 'false';
      echo '</p>';
      echo '<hr />';
    }

It uses a config file but could drive an installer etc... But thought I would wait to see if there is much interest in the CmsPage package first.
  • Phil Foulston wrote on Sunday 24th of July 2011:
    Yeah thought it was cool so I stole it :) Hope you don't mind? What do you think of CmsPage as a starting point? Need input. I was thinking of writing a module management package done some basic stuff:
    foreach (array_keys(\File::read_dir(APPPATH . DS . 'modules', 1)) as $module)
            &#123;
                \Fuel::add_module ($module);
                \Config::load ($module . '::' . $module, $module);
                $data ['modules'] [$module] = \Config::get ($module);
            }

foreach($modules as $key => $info)
    &#123;
      echo '<h2>'.ucfirst($key).'</h2>';
      echo \Html::anchor($key, ucfirst($key)).'&nbsp;-&nbsp;';
      echo \Html::anchor($key.'/admin', ucfirst($key).'&nbsp;Admin');
      echo '<p>';
      echo $info['name'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['description'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['author'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['version'];
      echo '<br />';
      echo $info['installed'] ? 'true' : 'false';
      echo '</p>';
      echo '<hr />';
    }

It uses a config file but could drive an installer etc... But thought I would wait to see if there is much interest in the CmsPage package first.

I think a CMSPage package could be so much more... But my only concern would be that a CMS package uses so much more of the framework that a package may not be the best way to approach it. Perhaps a fork and bundling in custom modules and packages to an entire installation. Sort of like PyroCMS does... I don't know, I just see a bigger idea here than what's there at present... That's not a knock on you at all...
  • No worries :) No offence taken as it's not meant to be a complete CMS solution. It's just one small package to handle pages. The way I was thinking was to produce bite size chunks like CmsPage then produce something like a module manager etc... so people could simply use the bits they need. I agree that for a full blown CMS you might have to start ripping Fuel apart to allow for an implementation like PyroCms. This is more to satisfy a requirement where a full blown CMS is not needed but a simple page management is. In hind sight I should have called it something like dynamic_pages to avoid confusion.
  • Ah. I get it now. Perhaps a different name would help the confusion.
  • This has now been rename to DbPage see new thread.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion