Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Calling Assets
  • Maybe this is just a bug in the documentation, but to call assets one has to use
    <?php echo Asset::js('jquery.js'); ?>
    <?php echo Asset::css('main.css'); ?>

THIS WON'T WORK (although stated in the documention):
    <?php echo Asset::js('jquery'); ?>
    <?php echo Asset::css('main'); ?>

I'd recommend to either change the documentation (easy) or enhance the core/classes/assets.php. Also, if a file can't be found the class throws an error which is not very helpful: Error in view: path/to/fuel/app/views/layout.php. Rather than this general error are the any plans or ways how to be more specific to aid the developer? Another things: This forum is rather buggy. Preview won't work (there's no back button), all "special chars" (like entities) are being encoded, even in the CODE environment. I'm missing some of the basic features of other forum software. Maybe consider switching to phpBB or vBulletin?
  • Can you please tell if your version is master or develop? Since develop is surely fixed, and should throw errors (at least for someone and me it was fixed). if you're on develop, can you tell when you last pulled?
  • 1. It's a beta. you'll find there will be bugs.
    2. try pulling the latest version. If you are sure that it is indeed a bug and not your fault, go to http://dev.fuelphp.com/ and submit an issue.
  • There was a bug in the documentation which lead me to believe that the file extension is added automatically, if missing. The documentation was updated in the meantime. Also, the error message is now much more straightforward. So, I consider this issue as closed. Thanks for the clarification and the quick work. I really enjoy working with Fuel at this early stage, let's make it the next big thing out there! :)
  • ah okay fair enough. yeah i'm pretty keen on seeing it become the next big thing too. just need the bloody ActiveRecord documentation up (see here for what i'm talking about - if you can answer :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion