Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
How often is the Fuel-1.0-rc1 updated
  • Hi, I have run into a couple of issues with the fieldset / form classes and see that fixes have been applied in the Git repo to correct these but rather than simply download I thought I would check the build schedule first to make sure those fixes are in the latest download. Basically I just wondered how often the Fuel-1.0-rc1 download from the download link on the home page is rebuilt? Is it real time when a new fix is committed to the Git repo or timed? Thanks.
  • We did rerelease the package this time after about 24 hours with a couple of hotfixes, but in general we don't. Versions are (and should be) static. We may offer nightly builds later on, but that's not at the top of our priorities - people can use Github if they want to be working with the latest commits.
  • OK no worries. Just an observation here but in my experience most people will download from the link on this site so how do you know if the fixes that are committed to Git are not introducing more bugs / issues? Are you planning an rc2 when all of the known bugs have been addressed?
  • A next version is up to the number of bugs found in the current release, if those are relatively few we'll probably have 1.0 final in a week or two - if the number is larger we'll probably have an RC2. We'll see how that turns out. When it comes to bugs reported: only having a fixed online version is actually easier. That way people are either using RC1 or have their code updated through Git (latest commits), that's only two things to check. If we were to release a new build each day and version it we'd have to check all those before knowing if we've solved already it or if it's a regression/new bug.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion