Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Renaming fuel directory gives errors
  • I have got my public files in a sub-directory that is visible to site users. My fuel directory is beneath the document root and in case I want to have different applications with fuel I want to rename the directory from fuel to fuel_appname. However, when doing so and after altering the index.php file in my public directory to reflect this change I get lots of php errors about not being able to load files. If I change everything back to fuel it works fine so I am not incorrectly referencing where the core files are located. Anybody got any clues as to why and how to resolve it?
  • If you change the default locations, all you need to do is the change the defines in your public/index.php (APPPATH, PKGPATH and COREPATH). If you use oil, you have to do the same there, and if you use phpunit testing, you also need to change core/bootstrap_phpunit.php and phpunit.xml. Other than this, no changes are needed.
  • i've changed the first 3 and get PHP errors - I'm not at the dev computer at the moment so can't remember what they are. I'll try the other changes (not using oil currently as I want to understand how the ORM works better) and let you know if that resolves the problem.
  • For the app, only the changes in index.php are relevant. If you have changed those, either you've changed them wrong, or you have a rights issue (the user that runs your webserver can't access files in the new location).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion