Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
BackendPro for Fuel
  • When I use CI, I always use BackendPro. That one made my life easier. I am hoping one day someone will make the same kind of apps for FuelPHP. Mmmmm I wish I could creat it.
    Meanwhile I will start from Stationwagon. Thanks to the FUEL team and Stationwagon team. And I wish a fast recovery for Dan.
  • This would be awesome!
  • What features would you like to see in this?  BackendPro was good but there is always room for improvement

• I don't know Backend Pro, but it sounds very useful. 
    It is a backend with some built in feature for CI, right? 
  • Something like this need te bo simple as possible because of further developing (building on top of it). 

Wishes: 

- Separated front&back end with seo friendly URIs 

- User management (ACL) 

- Category system (for front end)

- Multilingual (front&back end) system

- static page management (add,edit,remove) 

- database backup system

- log system for user activity

- simple CRON example (something like birthday reminder, just for example sake) 

• Does it create all automatically? Or developers have to create classes and methods for new functionality manually?
  • Most of the "wishes" I wrote above are already implemented in BackEndPro . If you need anything else you need to create everything manually. 

Something like BackEndPro is useful if you are mostly working on the same project types that uses this features. 

• Ah ok, thanks!
    Mmm, it is interesting, for some project I use the same BE.

In every project I've created a "Admin_Controller" to do some project related stuff; it is extended by a module that I called "nsadmin" and its "root controller" extend that project one. So the situation is:

Admin_controller (project) -> NSAdmin_Controller (module) -> everything else.

And then I've created some module and every BE functionality of the module extends the NSAdmin_Controller, so I have all the user checks, functionality and theme up to work.

Is it something like that?
  • It is exactly that ;) 
  • I'm writing some article about fuel, asked by forum's users.
    Next one is Separation between BE and FE, next i18n. 
    If you can wait I'll write something about it with a module release :)
  • http://fuelphp.com/forums/discussion/12873/fuel-start-it-is-fuelphp-backoffice-system-with-some-acl-features#Item_19

Fuel Start.
    backend, backoffice system for FuelPHP with many features but not too many. :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion