Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Error 500 with FuelPHP 1.4 and XAMPP
  • I'm attempting to create a new FuelPHP 1.4 app using oil. I'm using XAMPP on Mac OS 10.7. FuelPHP 1.3 apps worked fine under the same XAMPP installation. However, after following the installation instructions in the docs, when I go to http://localhost/~chris/fuelphptest/public I'm presented with the following error:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

localhost
    Thu Dec 6 23:08:56 2012
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l PHP/5.3.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

I have not made any app configurations other than adding the .htaccess file specified in the instructions. Am I overlooking something obvious?
  • remove or rename your .htaccess file...
  • Thanks, I removed the .htaccess file from my public directory which resolved the issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion