Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fuel directory not accessible after install
  • Hi,

I am installing FuelPHP 1.4 on MacOSX Mountain Lion. I've installed other PHP frameworks into the same web document root and have had no issues at all, but I can't figure out what's going on here.

I create a host file called local.fuelapp.com and point it to 127.0.0.1 (standard for all projects I create).

In my apache conf file, I have the following:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/dev/fuelapp/public
        ServerName local.fuelapp.com
        <Directory "/usr/local/dev/fuelapp/public">
            AllowOverride All
            Allow from All
        </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

I've also run the "php oil refine install" command in the fuelapp directory and received no errors there.

I've restarted apache (several times).

I've also tried adding in an .htaccess file into the root (as specified here: http://fuelphp.com/docs/installation/instructions.html#manual) and then changing the apache conf file to point to the fuelapp directory instead of the public directory.

In all cases, I am getting this 403 Error when I attempt to go to local.fuelapp.com  :

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. I've set up lots of frameworks and such (never Fuel, though) and have never had this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• What if you request index.php explicitly, so you bypass any rewrite rules?

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your setup...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion