Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
FuelPHP with XAMPP
  • Hi,

I'm having issues with my admin module routes not loading.

The module paths, always load etc are all set up correctly in the main config. If I have the _root_ route in the main route file as admin/home/index it routes to it fine however when I have 'admin' => 'admin/home/index' in my admin module routes.php and go to /admin I get a 404 page saying the server cannot find anything for that URL. It also will not find it if i explicitly type /admin/home/index.

I have had this problem before and it was suggested that it could be the XAMPP set up. I changed to using EasyPHP and the same code worked that time so it appeared that the suggestion was right.

Despite this, I do want to carry on using XAMPP but I'm unsure of what settings could be preventing my module routes from loading?

Currently my files are set up with the contents of the public directory inside htdocs/ and the fuel directory itself alongside htdocs/

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    I'm running XAMPP on Windows Server 2012 to test FuelPHP in a Windows environment, and I don't have an issue with this, so I don't think it's XAMPP related.

If the root loads fine, but no other URI does, even if you load it explicitly, it's usually the rewrite rule that is to blame.

Which version of Fuel are you using, and did you use the included .htaccess, or your own solution?
  • I checked and for some reason I had no .htaccess file so it looks like it was the rewrite rules needed. DERP on my part! Seems to be working now, thanks :)
  • Cool. Problem solved. Thanks for the feedback.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion