Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
FuelPHP 1.7.1 Composer file doesn't exists
  • Hello.

I have downloaded the zip file from fuelphp.com and there is not the composer file, which is needed to make fuelphp run.. i would like to know what should i do... since... i have downloaded from github -> https://github.com/fuel/fuel but once i installed it i go this error:

Warning: require(C:\wamp\www\myproject\fuel\core\classes\autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\myproject\fuel\app\bootstrap.php on line 4

Looks like somthing is going wrong with it... thank you
  • I'll add the composer file in a minute.

I don't see the two as related, the fuel\core\classes\autoloader.php must absolutely exist, and is part of the fuel core, not related to composer. So you need to check why it can't load that file.
  • p.s. everything you would need from composer to run Fuel is included in the zip file, which is the reason it is not there at the moment. You absolotely don't have to run composer, the contents of the zip should run fine. So you have another issue.
  • p.p.s. I just downloaded the 1.7.1. zip to check, and the composer.json is present in the file?
  • I'm talking about the composer.phar file... to follow the installation instruction within the docs...  

The error that i sad is is thrown when i installed the 1.8 dev, which i downloaded from github, well actually the zip is named 1.7-master...
  • The phar should ideally not be part of any distribution, it's something that should be installed on the server, and maintained. It gives you a warning when it's over 30 days old.
  • Humm i see.. how should i install then using the gien composer.json file
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    I have installed composer globally on my systems, see http://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md, so I can just do 'composer update' anyhwere I have a composer.json file.
  • Ahm ok, pefect i will do so :)

Thank you Harro

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion