Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fuelphp 2.0 update problem
  • I've been updating my git data every other day or so.  Today, I get this:

twp@twp-Latitude-D820:~/Dev/fuelphp$ composer update
    Loading composer repositories with package information
    Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
    Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
        - The requested package fuelphp/demo-application could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the package name.

Potential causes:
     - A typo in the package name
     - The package is not available in a stable-enough version according to your minimum-stability setting
       see <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/composer-dev/_g3ASeIFlrc/discussion&gt; for more details.

Read <http://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md&gt; for further common problems.

Any thoughts on what is failing here?
  • It looks like it doesn't want to look in github for some reason, it only checks packagist (which i don't think has a copy). I've seen it one or twice as well, don't know why this happens.

You could try running it with "-dev" ?
  • Tried using -dev option, not change in result (see original post)

I deleted the entire directory, download new copy of fuelphp-master.zip, extracted it and re-ran "composer update", again no change in result.

Question:  Is the file fuelphp-master.zip up-to-date?  I cannot determine when it was created or if it is frequently updated to match the master branch.
  • I think github creates the zip on the fly from the repository, so it should be up to date.

There've been a lot of changes last week, so it could be something is broken, since the notion of "application" has been ditched, which not only meant a core rewrite, but also a change in demo from application to component, and a new component installer.
  • Then it appears that composer.json contains an invalid line:

"fuelphp/demo-application" : "dev-master"
  • Possible, what should it be then (I have no time to test at the moment).
  • I've just clone fuelphp/fuelphp, and run composer update. No problem.

• Thanks for confirming that.
  • An update to my original post.

I used a fresh copy of fuelphp-master.zip, dated 6/10/14, downloaded from this github page:

https://github.com/fuelphp/fuelphp

It contains the updated line noted by Kenjis above.

This is the result of attempting to use composer to update:

twp@twp-Latitude-D820:~/Dev/fuelphp-master$ composer update
    Loading composer repositories with package information
    Updating dependencies (including require-dev)

[RuntimeException]                              
      vendor does not exist and could not be created. 

update [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--lock] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--with-dependencies] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [packages1] ... [packagesN]

twp@twp-Latitude-D820:~/Dev/fuelphp-master$

The vendor directory is now the problem?  I note that this was working a week ago...

• Rights issue?

I don't see any other reason (disk full possibly?) why the vendor folder could not be created.
  • Harro, you're correct, using "sudo composer update" solved the problem.

Previously, I had issued a sudo command and was still within the timeout range of the prior sudo and the composer call was executed as root...
    Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion