Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
How to put into and get from through table with many_many ralation?
  • Didn't find if anybody ask this question earlier... Seemed, this operation is usual enough to interesting for it.

Ok. I have two tables: the 'vegetables' and the 'orders', it has many-to-many relation through the 'orders_vegetables' and contains some one field 'amount'.

I created models Model_Order and Model_Vegetable and set _many_many properites accordingly.

I want to set a value of the 'amount' field, when I create the order with set of vegetables. And I naturally want to read a value of the 'amount' field, when I select the certain vegetable in the certain order.

I would want that it was like this:
    $order = Model_Order::find($order_id);
    $order->vegetables[$vegetable_id]->through_table->amount
    :)

But only the way that seems right is to create one more model: Model_Ordervegetable and set two has_many relations for both tables... I have not tried this yet, but decided first to ask for correct solution as designed, if it did...

Offtopic: My wife always say to me: "Don't build complex compound sentences in English or don't be surprised then, if anyone did not understand you" :-D

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    If you have attributes in your through table, it's not a through table anymore, you have just created two one-to-many relations using three tables.

And yes, that would require a third model.

Note that you can have both relations active at the same time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion