Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Redis and PHP-fpm don't go together
  • When I frequently use \Cache, I'm found php-fpm a question. It is cpu takes up 90%,but redis take up 0.4%; Same thing When I use \Redis() ;
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    You'll have to provide a lot more details if you want a useful response on this.

One of the challenges with using a key-value store for caching, is that you have to maintain an artifical index to be able to map a tree structure to a flat list. So updating the cache doesn't only involve writing, updating or deleting the cached data entry itself, but also the tree index. So you can not compare the use of the Cache class with a simple direct write to Redis.

Having said that, I can't confirm this behaviour with apps we've written and use php-fpm and Redis, so I guess it is highly dependent on how you use Cache.
  • You're right.My project is highly dependent on Cache,so that CPU is too high;
  • If you can find out what is causing it, it can be looked at.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion