Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
count returns an error
  • from the docs: $query = Model_Article::find()->where('category_id', 1)->order_by('date', 'desc'); // We want to know the total number of articles for pagination
    $number_of_articles = $query->count(); that returns database error because no column field is referenced in the count() command to solve it, I have to pass one of the column field to the count call such as count('id')
  • In theory I think it should default to id... but I'm not certain why it would need a field to count at all. Wouldn't all results have the same fields and be counting rows instead of fields within rows?
  • it should, at least count(*) so it won't return an error, could it be a performance issue? To use count(*) I mean
  • Hmm, that's weird. It should use "id" when no column was given. Make a bugreport on github.com/fuel/orm/issues, but make sure you've updated your Fuel base to RC3 first.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion