Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Updating with git (problems, concerns, methods)
  • I'm wondering about the best upgrade workflow for an existing application, my eventual goal is to maybe have some kind of oil command which could safely update a repository (maybe creating a new branch for the upgrade process to be tested on). I have not had to do an upgrade quite yet, but I assume we just need to run "git pull origin 1.0.1/master" in each of the repositories. We can then merge those changes in, either in master, develop, or preferably a temporary upgrade branch. If no problems arise we could merge that into our develop branch and eventually master. Can we do this recursively? Or by upgrading the main repository have submodule references updated? ..It is midnight, I will probably be able to form my thoughts and questions more coherently in the morning, just ave not seen any suggested upgrade routes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!