Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Getting NinjAuth working with FuelPHP 1.2 RC
  • I was going to port my Kohana membership module to FuelPHP but I discovered NinjAuth which is very similar to mine. Has anyone gotten the latest version of NinjAuth working on a recent FuelPHP release? I got stuck on the following error after trying to log in with Facebook:
    Auth\SimpleUserUpdateException [ Error ]: Username, password and email address can't be empty.

I'll look into this and send pull requests if I get some free time later in the week, but I was just curious as to whether other developers have managed to get it working recently. Thanks!
  • So I assume you're not using the controller included with Ninjauth? What changes have been made in your custom version compared to the regular Ninjauth version?
  • No, I don't. Can't remember exactly what all the reasons were, but one of them was that it wasn't possible to get error messages I needed to pass to Depot's message class, and several situations that didn't produce a message at all. I've seen that quite a few things changed, so I might have a look at it again, as I prefer to use the package unaltered. Perhaps the package needs a central set_message() method that can be overloaded to capture all messages. I'll see if I can find the time to check out the latest code, and perhaps send a pull request.
  • Our depot project is using a custom version of NinjAuth, but that shouldn't matter for this problemm. You may get some tips from the register controller (https://github.com/fuel/depot/tree/1.0/develop/fuel/modules/users/classes/controller), to see how it links a user logging in using NinjAuth to an Auth user.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion