Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
fuelPHP .htaccess - goDaddy shared hosting
  • Hi,
    I'm having some problems getting fuel php up and running on my shared hosting.
    at the moment I have to domains linked to my shared hosting. a primary (my original) and a new one. The new one is linked to a subdirectory eg.
    html/subdir
    in this subdir folder I have put all the fuelphp files. ignoring security concerns for the moment, I have been able to go to
    *EDIT*
    www.domain.com/welcome - works fine
    www.domain.com/welcome/test - works fine The problem I have is my anchor links all include the public folder (they still work, but I don't want public in my url...howe can I get around this? I have the following .htacces file: <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine on RewriteBase /public
    RewriteRule ^(/)?$ index.php?/$1 [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]
    </IfModule> Thanks
  • hey guys, I am having a problem with GoDaddy hosting as well. Using .htaccess I was able to remove the index.php from the URL. But, it seems that GoDaddy has applied a forced query string rule applied. Just wondering if anyone has been having the same issue and if they've found a way around it. Thanks!
  • Thanks to Harro's suggestion in another post with a similar problem.
    I just needed to take the files out of the public folder and change the links in the index.php file. Cheers
  • Most shared hosts use the following file path /home/username/public_html Put you fuel dir in /home/username and your public files in /home/username/public_html Like so:
    /home/username/fuel
    /home/username/public_html/assets
    /home/username/public_html/index.php This will keep your app files from being at a public level

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion