Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fuel-Breadcrumb
  • very nice, thank you!
  • Hi ! Seems to be pretty good but I'm quite new to all of this.
    Where do we put $this->template->set_global('breadcrumb', \Breadcrumb::create_links(), false); ?
  • Paul lard wrote on Friday 2nd of March 2012:
    Hi ! Seems to be pretty good but I'm quite new to all of this.
    Where do we put $this->template->set_global('breadcrumb', \Breadcrumb::create_links(), false); ?

Hello gitou, You can put this on the controller or you can put this <?php echo Breadcrumb::create_links(); ?> directly to the view. If you still have questions let me know.
  • Nice. I had been looking for a solution to breadcrumb in FuelPHP. Quick question/feature idea: Have you thought of maintaining a database table for breadcrumb items where an item may have parent/child items and be displayed accordingly in breadcrumbs?
  • Many thanks for your quick answer dbpolito.
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    AE Johnson wrote on Friday 30th of December 2011:
    Nice. I had been looking for a solution to breadcrumb in FuelPHP. Quick question/feature idea: Have you thought of maintaining a database table for breadcrumb items where an item may have parent/child items and be displayed accordingly in breadcrumbs?
    @AE7 well, i don't if it's a job for an breadcrumb class. You can still do this using the methods set_breadcrumb or extend this. I'm not sure if i get your idea. Thanks anyway.
  • Hi dbpolito, i have follow the steps, but i get error. ErrorException [ Error ]: Class 'Breadcrumb' not found. can you tell me where i am wrong? Thanks
  • I remove the namespace Breadcrumb in class/breadcrumb.php
    and i get nothing display on the page... i don't know why....can you help? thanks
  • Thanks a lot dbpolito.
    I am repeat the steps and do it again. and it works.
  • Glad that you did it... Thanks for the feedback.
  • Good job :)

Came in handy!
  • Hey dbpolito,

I try to change the $template of the breadcrumb as I want to use a layout which is different.

I try to set this as the values of $template, but this data is not shown aywhere. Even when I dump $template, I still receive the original HTML, although I deleted this in breadcrumb.php?!

Here is the original HTML and my code.

Any idea what happens and how I can change the template?

Best wishes
    Kay
  • look at the config file there is the html that loads in =) little Confusing with the static property
  • Hey Nachtmahr,

thanks for that hint. Have not seen, that it is there a second time :-(

So I now only need to struggle with that new design, which will not like I want :-)

Kay

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion