Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Domain Install
  • Hello,

I am just trying to install fuelPHP and I hit a problem.

My installation is in my public_html directory

/public_html
     /fuelphp-1.4
      /fuel
      /app
      /public
      /oil

But every time I try to see my welcome page on domain.com/fuelphp-1.4/public/

I am unable to see it

Please help

• What do you see?
  • Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /fuelphp-1.4/public/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  • Sounds like a rights issue on your server. Does the webserver have (at least) read-rights on the files you uploaded?
  • Yes they do I also ran oil r install and it altered the permissions
  • Then at least your index.php should load when you request /fuelphp-1.4/public/index.php. As long as that is not happening you have a basic webserver issue.

If that loads, you'll have to figure out how to rewrite this path, as it's a non-standard installation.
  • Can you give me a quick run through to the standard method I am slightly baffled with what the manual requires me to do

I really appreciate your help :)
  • The idea behind the current structure is that the public folder is going to be your docroot. It is not required that this folder is called "public", we had to give it a name.

In your case, this folder is called "public_html". So do not install everything inside this directory, but one level up. Then copy everything from "./public" to "./public_html", and delete the old public folder. This will ensure that only your index.php and your assets are publicly accessible, but none of the framework or application files can be requested via the browser.

So you end up with:
      /fuel
      /fuel/app
      /public_html
      /oil

You should have other folders in the fuel directory as well. What exactly did you install?
  • I unzipped the entire zip into public HTML
  • Ok.

So the message is that you have to unzip one directory up, and move everything from public to public_html.
  • So like /MyApp/public and it would work?
  • My app would be in public_html
  • No, nothing is in public_html, except what is (in the zip) in public.

So you get:
    [root]
    /fuel
    /fuel/app
    /fuel/core
    /fuel/packages
    /public_html
    oil

• I did what you said I still hit the same problem

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /public
    on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I moved all the files in the zip to /home/domain < the root, I moved the public folder and oil to public_html, so to access I used domain.com/public and got the error above

• Oil also gives a bootstap.php error on line one on oil
  • What error?
  • If the files are really there (the paths you see in the error message), then it can't be something else then a rights issue.

If doesn't have to be a file rights issue, it could also be that your (shared?) hoster has implemented some weird pseudo security scheme that doesn't allow PHP files outside the public_html folder. A lot of (cheap) hosters have they mistaken idea that it will improve their security...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion