Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
1.5 Install
  • I just found FuelPhp earlier today. I am also seeing that v1.5 was just released today as well. When trying to install using the curl/oil method I am seeing some errors. I also noticed the app/config/config.php had an empty array in the zip. I looked through the change history but didn't see anything about major changes to config so I would expect some of the old defaults to still be there so I could follow along with some of the older tutorials. Is this expected behavior?

Some of the results of the automated install:
    Submodule path 'fuel/packages/email': checked out '0f97045d44165512d759973f5602c7b35471d157'
    Cloning into 'fuel/packages/log'...
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    Clone of 'git@github.com:fuel/log.git' into submodule path 'fuel/packages/log' failed
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Fuel\Core\PackageNotFoundException' with message 'Package 'log' could not be found at 'PKGPATH/log/'' in /var/www/newsite/fuel/core/classes/package.php:89
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/newsite/fuel/core/base.php(89): Fuel\Core\Package::load('log')
    #1 /var/www/newsite/fuel/core/classes/error.php(114): logger(400, 'Error - Package...')
    #2 /var/www/newsite/fuel/core/bootstrap.php(42): Fuel\Core\Error::exception_handler(Object(Fuel\Core\PackageNotFoundException))
    #3 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Fuel\Core\PackageNotFoundException))
    #4 {main}

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    It is correct that the app config is empty by default. When config files are loaded, all the versions found are merged. The core (fuel/core/config) has all config files, containing the default values. So you no longer have to have complete config files in app, you just add the keys that you want to change.

The problem with the log submodule should be fixed, the .gitsubmodules file had an incorrect reference.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion