Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Setting up FuelPHP with Oracle
  • Hi,

As part of a university project, I've got to build a web application to display information coming from an Oracle database. I've already used FuelPHP for different projects and really like it.

Will the PDO in FuelPHP work directly with Oracle? Do I only need to modify the connection array in development.php (or production.php) to use "oci:dbname" instead of "mysql:host" + the relevant connection info to be able to use FuelPHP with Oracle?

Thanks in advance
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    The PDO driver is basically standard PDO. Afaik that works with the correct Oracle drivers, so I don't think Fuel would have a problem with it. The DSN in the config is the standard PDO DSN.

There are some bits added so that it tries to return the insert id on an INSERT, which might or might not be working, you'll have to see.

DButil is at the moment pretty MySQL centric, so that will probably not work.
  • Thanks for the quick answer Harro. I don't think I'll need to use the DBUtil class so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Let us know how you get on, and if Oracle needs specific treatment.

For 2.0, we're going to replace the current DB layer with a new one that will be platform aware, so instead of a generic PDO driver you will have a PostgreSQL driver and an Oracle driver (which we don't have yet, hence my interest ;))
  • Hi Harro,

I'll probably connect the site to the Oracle DB in a couple of weeks. Before filling the DB there's a whole ETL process to go through and the university closes for a week.

I'll let you know how it go's.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion