Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Get list of inserted id's of many relation
  • Is it possible to get list of IDs of inserted relation model. Example:

$list = \Model_List::find(1);
        foreach(\Input::post('list_items') as $list_item):
            $list->items[] = new \Model_List(array($properties here));
        endforeach;
        $list->save();

Can I get the ID's of the inserted list items here? I know I could simply loop trough the list items, but since I can add list items to existing list, I need to get only last inserted items...

Thanks

• nope I have nothing to do with that Q. looks very similar on first look :)
  • Then I don't understand your question.

From your code snippit it looks like you get a list of id's posted that you want to use to assign to a models relation?
  • Oh, is the question the other way around, how can I get an array of PK's from a relation?

In that case:

$ids = array_keys($list->items);

this only works for saved relations, newly assigned relations don't have a valid array key.
  • >>Oh, is the question the other way around, how can I get an array of PK's from a relation?

Yes PK's of relation

>>this only works for saved relations, newly assigned relations don't have a valid array key.

Yeah but I would need only for new saved relations, some might already exist from before... I guess I can't do this ...
  • No, there is no other way then looping over the relation.
  • Ok thanks anyway!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion