Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Installing FuelPHP 1.6
  • I just recently downloaded this framework after having to give up on the dying CodeIgniter. For some reason I find the instructions hard to understand considering I am a complete newb in web development. Please do not give me the "Read the instructions attitude".

I followed the tutorials up on Youtube, the one about how to install FuelPHP. I extracted the files to my htdocs folder (by the way I am using XAMPP on a Windows PC) and upon trying to run it, this is what I get:

"Composer is not installed. Please run "php composer.phar update" in the root to install Composer"

I tried reading the manual about the error, but the problem is I am not really sure how to execute the composer.phar. Do I do it in cmd or something? Sorry but I am kinda new in the field. I know you guys can understand my position. I am really excited to start my adventure with this framework.

Thank you for spending time reading my troubles. :D
  • You can find more info about Composer here: https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#using-composer

Composer is a package manager, similar to sparks in CodeIgniter, but standardized across frameworks, and with a built-in autoloader, so everything you install just works.

you run that command in the root of your FuelPHP installation. You should already have a composer.phar and a composer.json file there.

On Windows, it could be that PHP is not in the path. Open a cmd box, go to the folder you installed Fuel in, and give the command "php -v". If it shows you the PHP version, you're good to go. If is says it can't find php.exe, you'll need to prefix it, like "C:\where\ever\php\is\php.exe composer.phar install".

I don't use Windows, so I don't know where XAMPP installs PHP.
  • I was able to make it work after using git shell. But how do I set up custom url for a certain fuel application?
  • What do you mean by "custom URL"? The url to your application depends on your webserver setup, not on Fuel.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion