Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Database type not defined in mongo configuration
  • Hi, I'm trying to use the built in ORM to access mongoDb. I've enabled ORM in config, setup a model with the correct inheritance and call ::find() in my rest controller. All I get though is "Database type not defined in mongo configuration".  I have no problem accessing mongo directly.

What am I doing wrong? Is ORM compatible with Mongo?

Thanks in Advance,
    Ben
  • Digging deeper, I am finding that it is expecting a 'type' property in the db connection (no specs for that) and it would use that to lookup a corresponding /core/classes/database/<db>/connecton.php.  There is not mongo database there, just mysql, mysqli and pdo. 

So it looks like ORM is not hooked up to mongo and I can't use it. Is that true?
  • ORM doesn't support Mongo, and to be honest, Mongo doesn't support SQL queries too.

If you want to interact with Mongo, use https://github.com/FrenkyNet/monga, which is going to be the Fuel v2 Mongo DBAL.
  • Thanks for the tip. The more I thought about it, the less it made sense that Mongo could use ORM because of it's sharded nature.

I will check out monga... thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion