Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Lb FuelPHP Starter
  • Hello!

I'm actually developing a stater kit to quickly start a new project on the lastest version of FuelPHP.

This may be an example of using FuelPHP with Theme, Lang, Auth, ORM, etc..

And for now, i need your opinions and suggestions on what the kit could contains.

For the moment, the kit contains :

• Casset Packages https://github.com/canton7/fuelphp-casset
    • Flash Messages Container (from fuel-depot)
    • Fuel Menu https://github.com/dbpolito/Fuel-Menu
    • Jason Class for JSON 
       - Someone know who is the author, and where is hosted this class ? 
      https://gist.github.com/jhuriez/6139643
    • Integration of Twitter bootstrap
    • Integration of Twig (with Fuel_Parser)
    • Template architecture with Fuel_Theme
    • The project can easily be in multi-language with an extend of Uri class
      ie. www.myproject.com/en/ for english language

And automatic load language file with Fuel_Lang for translation
    •  3 Controllers (Frontend, Backend, Auth) with a Base controller
    • Obviously, the integration of Auth, OrmAuth and Opauth (Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Github already installed and configured)
    • Usage of OrmAcl from Fuel_Auth
    • Login and register page
    • Change password and Reset password for user already create
    • A module Flat page CMS just for example
    • A backend
    • * Manage permissions, groups, roles, users and providers from OrmAcl
    • * Manage Flat Page from backend (CRUD)
    • Gallery/Slider module with backend
    I will open an github soon
  • I thinks i will replace "Fuel Menu" with an other Menu package which use DB. And create a section in backend for manage it. Good idea ?
  • Very good idea!
    if you want to use it as starter kit for a project created by a developer, I think that Fuel Menu isn't useful: usually I create it directly in the Theme.

If you to create a litte cms it is bettere to developer a db version.

Very useful idea :) , I'm very interested in:
    - The integration of Auth, OrmAuth and Opauth (Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Github already installed and configured) --> why don't add Facebook?
    - Manage permissions, groups, roles, users and providers from OrmAcl

if you need any help let me know, I'm creating a little cms with fuel right now and it could be a good point to discuss solutions... I think we both can improve our solutions :)
  • Thanks!

I like to store my menu in a file (array) or db, but your opinion is interesting.

For the moment, i don't want to create a cms, the starter kit is aim for developer and not for user. Maybe in a future..

"- The integration of Auth, OrmAuth and Opauth (Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Github already installed and configured) --> why don't add Facebook?"

I have actually an issue with the provider Facebook (https://github.com/opauth/facebook/issues/7) but i work on it.

"if you need any help let me know, I'm creating a little cms with fuel right now and it could be a good point to discuss solutions... I think we both can improve our solutions :)"

No problem, i will open a github soon for that. And if u need help for your cms, i'm also open.

PS: All feature are already developed, except the module flat page cms.

I have developed the project on the branch develop/1.7 because some bug are fixed (mainly for OrmAcl). It's better to wait a 1.6.2 (or 1.7) version for release a first version of the starter kit ?
  • I want to include an example of use for Fuel_Upload. Maybe i can develope a section in backend for manage a slider frontend ? Many project have a slider in main page.

Or is too much for a starter kit ?
  • I think it could be good, a lot of projects has a slider and it can be useful.
    I had the same idea some months ago for another projects and I created a module with:
    • Images - just uploaded images
    • Albums - collection of images, every image can be contained in many albums
    • Style - it is a list of styles, every album can have a style

With this structure was able to create an album with the style "slider", so for example it was used as a homepage slider. 

Then I reuse this module for a gallery, just defining a single-default style.

It could be a good idea for you? So you can create a reusable module. Mine doesn't work with Fuel 1.6 anymore... :-(

• I have already begin a module for slider, but your module is interesting, you have a github for this ?
  • Mmm it was for a client. NExt week I will be in holyday for summer, I'll try to make it work with last version of fuel and make it public (with another module I'm developing at the moment).
    Be patient :)
  • Hi,
    I start using fuel, your project interest me a lot.
    Where does it stands? Any git repo yet?

I think this project is in the same idea (https://github.com/noxify/fuel-administrator) but it looks a bit old (use simpleauth...)

I 'll be glad to have some news.

Thanks
  • Hi, 

I have do some updates

- Now i have 3 modules (backend, user (auth, manage access/permissions), and page)

- The module page is an example of module, it's contains a backend  for manage it. 
    I have use Orm\Model_Temporal for page revision (you can restore an older page), and Orm\Model_Nestedset for categories.

- I have delete Jason Class

- Flash Messages class is replaced by my Messages Packages (it's the same code)

Mika > I will open a github repo in few days
  • Any update on opening github repo?
  • I would love to get involved in this too.
  • I'm pretty busy right now so it's hard. But i'll try to find time for put this project on github.

I need to finish my flat page module, and write a readme.

I'll let you know ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion