Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
php oil refine install Error
  • root@Mohamed-Mousa:/var/www/fuel# php oil refine install
    Error - date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in COREPATH/classes/fuel.php on line 161

===================
    i use ubuntu 13.10 64x
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    As the message says, you haven't specified a timezone in your php.ini file, which is required for modern PHP versions.

To avoid date calculations from going horribly wrong, Fuel requires that you either set it there, or in your application config file.
  • Harro Verton thnx 
    =============
    the exception

i solved it by this way
    in  /var/www/fuel/fuel/app/config# gedit config.php
    in lien 97  found this // 'default_timezone'   => 'Africa/Cairo',
    UN comment this lien after edit   == 'default_timezone'   => 'Africa/Cairo',

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    That is not a new install, at least not from our site. We don't include that timezone by default. ;)
  • i know the default timezone default_timezone'   => 'UTC',
    i edit it to ==> Africa/Cairo
  • Ah, ok.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion