Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
SaaS in FuelPhP
  • Hi everyone,

I would like to know if is it possible implement SaaS in fuelphp ?

• HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    What do you mean exactly?

A SaaS provider offfering FuelPHP? Writing a SaaS application in FuelPHP?

I'd say both is not an issue, we do both. ;-)
  • I meant a saas application in fuelphp, multi tenant system (: .

thanks you  so much
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, not a problem. 

You need to properly design it, look at how you are going to separate your tenants when it comes to RBAC, data, etc. But you need to do that for every platform you choose.
  • Is it necessary to change something in the fuel authentication library and acl drivers ?
  • HarroHarro
    Accepted Answer
    That depends on how you organize it.

If you have a monolithic design, and (for example) you want to be able to have the same username for every tennant (say 'admin'), it obviously needs some changes. Which depend on your architecture. For example, are you going to use a tennant_id in every table to indicate whos data it is? Or are you going to use different tables for each tennant, for example prefixed with a tennant name or id?

In our case, we have no data in the frontend, everything is in the backend and accessed via an authenticated and encrypted REST API. 

We use Keystone (from the cloudstack project) to provide us with authentication and autorisation. It already has a multi-tennant architecture, can be used as SSO platform, and links into authentication, authorisation and encryption of our CEPH storage. It provides a client and tenant UID that we use througout the system.

We use Fuel REST applications/(micro)services for the test of the backend. We are currently designing a rewrite to an event sourcing / CQRS architecture to provide better scaling and offsite replication. 

The framework bit of this rewrite is intended to become Fuel v2 (if all goes well).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion