Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
SimpleAuth improvement
  • Please add activation by email option to SimpleAuth. This is the best spam blocker.
  • Another improvements:
    1) Change last_login type from varchar(25) to int(10) in DB table
    2) Add fields:
    registered int(10)
    registration_ip varchar(39)
  • I'm not sure if Jelmer will agree on all this. That's why it is called SimpleAuth. I think the best would be just to clone the SimpleAuth, rename it to smth different, and just to add those more options. Good luck!
  • +1 for email activation. is such a simple process :)
  • Jaroslav Petrusevic wrote on 02/03/11 7:39 am:
    I'm not sure if Jelmer will agree on all this. That's why it is called SimpleAuth.
    I think the best would be just to clone the SimpleAuth, rename it to smth different, and just to add those more options.

This options is very simple. PS: I will make SuperAuth with avatars, twitter/fb integration & etc stuff;)
  • At this point forgotten password still has to be written so there's work to be done on it in general, but I do agree that some kind of activation is basic enough to be part of the simpleauth driver. On the field suggestions for the DB: I agree with modification to last_login & adding registered. "registration_ip" seems kinda useless to me, that's a one-off field that has no use afterwards. A last_ip might be usefull.
  • Also I think you should add field screen_name, because there is method in SimpleAuth: get_user_screen_name() (now screen_name=username). And on create_user method we can set screen_name to username if screen_name is empty.
    Field screen_name useful, because user can use short login jsmith, and full name John Smith.
  • This is one of those parts where SimpleAuth should remain simple. Adding screennames adds a whole layer of complexity (may screen_name/username match, conflict, must be unique) and to much implementation is involved. I added support for screen_name just for the reason you gave, but to use it with your own Auth driver you'll have to extend SimpleAuth. SimpleAuth must remain simple and contain as little specific implementation as possible to allow people to extend it without having to rewrite huge chunks of it. It can be a basis for one's own or be an example for one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion