Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
A few questions
  • Hi, I've been using codeigniter for let's say 3 months now... and loved it.
    Though I'm not an experienced php coder, I could manage to create a whole website which is succesfully put online. It went so fast, was really easy to use, I even managed to implement a plugin of someone without anyone else having done it before :D I missed the H in HMVC though, I know there is some plugin/modification for it... But even so, I also had to implement doctrine as a well designed ORM system... Apparently FUEL has it all. So I'm willing to start over and try this new framework. I just hope people would start writing some tutorials/articles about the use of this. What I miss is: - A few examples about how to set the login part in a modular extention.
    - How to install a plugin/library into FUEL
    - Also how could you easily set pages/modules private-public (like phil sturgeon set into it's article - [link])
    - Maybe a good tutorial would be, how did you guys created this forum? :)
  • I think the website and forum still runs on CodeIgniter
  • A few examples about how to set the login part in a modular extention.
    Take a look into the Applications or Tips and tutorials forums, there're examples available for both. Not sure about them combined, but login works in a module just like anywhere else. (and it's called a "module" btw in Fuel, not a "modular extension" )
    How to install a plugin/library into FUEL
    Classes just go into app/classes, plugins like CI don't really exist but if you really want procedural programming require/include still works fine. Anything bigger would go into a package, examples of which can be found in Fuel's download (ActiveRecord, Octane, Auth & Oil) and more in the Fuel-Packages account on Github.
    Also how could you easily set pages/modules private-public
    This isn't much different, PHP is still PHP whichever framework you use. And while Phil's tutorial was using CI, the examples he gives will work the same in principle for any framework.
    Maybe a good tutorial would be, how did you guys created this forum?
    We're quick, but not that quick, creating a whole new framework is work enough on its own. The site & forums are powered by Phil's PyroCMS which is written on top of CI.
  • So I'm willing to start over and try this new framework. I just hope people would start writing some tutorials/articles about the use of this.

If you like reading code and you can learn by example you can take a look at stationwagon app. It got me from "i think i'll wait for docs before i can get started" to "wow this is easy, cool" in no time.
  • Hey, Thanks to all for the replies :) I'm certainly going to give this a try. Just need to upgrade my server.
    But yet offcourse some website I use need to be modified to work with 5.3 :( It won't take long but it's just a pain in the you know what. Thanks yet again! Peter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion